Monday, March 30, 2009

Hogwash Redeux

Earlier I addressed the errant claims of warranty invalidation that you get when you try using an ink cartridge other than the expensive OEM version in your printer. You would think the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would have put that to rest. However, I just came across an advertisement from one of the OEM printer manufacturers that strongly suggest that anything but their cartridge is “poor quality.”

I find that amusing, since independent study after study has shown the third party ink cartridges to be equal to or better than the OEM cartridges as far as print quality and pages per cartridge. Printer manufacturers don’t make a practice of sharing what their quality complaint percent is. However, I met someone from the industry who worked for one of the top printer manufacturers who did share the number with me. It was significantly higher than what we experience at Carrot Ink. Imaging that!

I know that all’s fair in love and war. I thought selling high-quality printer cartridges on http://www.carrotink.com/ at a fair price was just business, but I guess I am wrong – it’s war!

No comments: