Friday, February 6, 2009

Printer Reset Tips

After installation of new cartridge, if your printer does not recognize the correct ink levels or recognize that the cartridge has been installed, you may need to preform a printer reset to correct the problem. Please follow the steps below to reset the printer:

•Remove all the cartridges, black and the colors, sorry but every cartridge must come out.

•Turn off the printer.

•Unplug the printer from the power source (outlet or USB cord) once unplugged leave unplugged for five complete minutes.

•Reverse the steps

•Plug back in, turn back on, and install all cartridges back into the printer.

This should reset the printer, after you have completed this process everything should start to work again. Please contact us if you should have any other concerns so that we may help you work through the problems or replace the cartridge for you.

3 comments:

Ernie Lowe said...

I refilled all carts on my Canon iP4500 with Carrot refill ink.
BK & Y are lit red, M & C are red and flashing.
PGBK is the only one not lit up or flashing.
(I had refilled it earlier and the printer just offered not to check it any more. Doesn't offer that choice now.)
I tried a test print and got only light purple header and blue links from the web page, no body text printed out. Same from Word.

Ernie Lowe said...

I followed these instructions exactly and still have all but the 2nd blk cart flashing. When I try to print a web page I get only the header and links, not the test.

I had filled all carts this time. Earlier I had filled only the 2nd blk one and the iP4500 let me tell it to stop monitoring it. That choice hasn't come up with this complete refill.

Ernie Lowe said...

I followed these directions after refilling all cartridges on iP4500 and they didn't work.
BK, Y, M & C are lit up red and M & C are flashing.
PGBK is not lit up. I had refilled it earlier and the printer said it would no longer monitor its level. Didn't offer this option after the full refill.
When I tried to print a web page I got only colored header and links, not the text. same from Word.